Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Antiques.

I love love love all things antique! When I lived in Washington we would go to them all the time because they were easy to come by and just a norm to see around. Not to long ago I was thinking about going to one and I realized that Orlando isn't really the place to find them. I did some googling and I found this one in one of my favorite places to go, Winter Park. This antique shop was the king of all antique shops  It was huge and took a whole 3 hours to walk around and really look at everything and be able to enjoy it and find the different quirky little things tucked in corners or in baskets. There were so many things that I wanted to get but I ended up spending about 70 bucks there if I would of kept going it would of been more in the 500 range. 

The few things I found were this awesome 1972 Cosmopolitan magazine and Polaroid camera, both amazing prizes and still in decent condition. Although the camera will never work it's still a great piece to have for a photography lover. The Cosmo is so cool to look at especially when you compare it to the ones we have now a days, it's like night and day really.  A few other things I got not mentioned in the post were an old baseball and a viewfinder toy for Jaylen and this weird little "Do Nothing Box" which I will highlight in another post. 









Also I wanted to highlight a few other things on the rest of the shelf in my room like this Antique music box I got when I was a little girl and have kept all throughout the years and that I will have for the rest of my life. I'm the sentimental possession type so I hold on to things that are really dear to me, although my music box is falling apart at the seams I will never get rid of it. The fabric is coming off the twister to make the music play doesn't stay on. one of the tops hinges is broken and my name is fading along with the print but it will always been my little girl music box. 

One other thing is my medical books! I have always had a passion for medicine so growing up, all throughout high school I always got a book for Christmas of for my birthday. I read them a bunch then and even now I'll grab one and just flip through the pages and still be amazing about how we as humans function and thrive. 

Last thing on my shelf are the many magazines and that's not even half of all the ones I have. I love collecting them and going back to look at them for inspiration. It's a mixture of Better Homes, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Vogue, Allure and a few random ones. And in taking this picture I noticed a body and I had to go and pick them out and I realized it was the Como's, so I'm excited to see who the person is once I gather all of them together to make a full body! Stay tuned!



 Random Fact: I notice things late, and once I realize my discovery I think it's the best thing ever. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

all content is © 20012-2014 unexpectedly amazing. all rights reserved. please do not take images or content from this site without written permission.
Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC